Print This Recipe
Lemon-Pesto and Clams Pasta
Prep time 25 minutes. Makes 4 entree servings.
Prepare a green salad while the pasta is boiling and dinner is done!
12 ounces uncooked spaghetti, angel hair or fettuccine pasta
3/4 cup prepared pesto (one 7-oz container), divided
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
2 cans (6.5 ounces each) chopped or minced clams, undrained
1 tablespoon lemon juice, or more to taste
Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a small dish combine 1/4 cup pesto with lemon zest. Set aside.
- Drain spaghetti in a colander; do not rinse. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- In the same pot used for pasta, heat clams and lemon juice over medium-high heat. Simmer 2 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in remaining 1/2 cup pesto.
- Add pasta to clam sauce. Stir until heated through. Top each serving with a spoonful of lemon-pesto and pass Parmesan separately.
Recipe developed by Rosemary Mark for Golden Grain Pasta.