Mango Tango Ice Pops
A refreshing, ice-y treat before summer ends? I shared this last August, and just had to again. Rummy-yummy and super easy, my adult popsicles are great for parties, picnics, barbecues, beach bashes – you name it. Tropical fruits are perfect partners with rum and Angostura orange bitters. And of course, fruit adds a healthy punch. The Zipzicle ice pop sleeves make these an especially fun and portable treat. A cooler with plenty of ice is all you need to take them on a picnic or to the backyard.
The pops may be made well in advance – ready to go when you are. I made so many of these last summer when I was testing, that I still have some in my freezer! And they’re still very slurpable :o) Leave out the rum if you want a frozen fruit treat for youngsters.
If you’re a Manhattan drinker like Rosie and her dad, Ralph, try Rosie’s Tropical Manhattan Pops below. Rosie and Ralph were taste-testers for the Mango Tango Pops, then tried their favorite Manhattan in a pop. Let us know which variation you like best! We like both 🙂
Mango Tango Ice Pops
- 1/2 cup Angostura® 7-Year Caribbean Rum 4 oz.
- 1/4 tsp. Angostura® Orange Bitters
- 3 cups diced* ripe mango about 16 oz.
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple about 16 oz.
- 12 Zipzicle® ice pop sleeves*
- Funnel with 1/2” opening at the bottom
- Measure rum in a liquid measuring cup; stir in orange bitters and set aside.
- Place diced mango in blender container. Add half the rum mixture; cover and blend until smooth. If needed, stop blender and stir fruit a bit. When fruit is smooth, pour into a 4-cup liquid measuring cup or a pitcher with a spout. Repeat with pineapple and remaining rum-bitters mix. Add to pureed mango, stirring well.
- Open ice pop sleeves. With the funnel, fill one at a time, stopping at the fill line. Seal and place upright in a tall container.* When all are filled, freeze for 2-3 hours or until frozen.
- To serve, place frozen pops with ice in an ice bucket or cooler.* Frozen pops open easily if you wrap your hand around the pop for a minute. Then open the top and push up from the bottom.
- Tropical Cherry Manhattan Pops1/2 cup Bourbon1/4 cup Sweet Vermouth1/4 teaspoon Angostura Aromatic Bitters3 cups canned cherries in light syrup, drained (about 16 oz.)3 cups diced fresh pineapple (about 16 oz.)Follow directions for preparing Mango Tango Pops.