I created the recipe for Kikkoman Pearl® Soymilk, so it’s lactose-free and tastes creamy-rich. Use either the unsweetened, or the original flavor that’s lightly sweetened and complements the curry spice. And when we break out of this “cold snap”, it makes a refreshing chilled soup too!
Print This Recipe
Curried Carrot Soup
Makes 4-6 servings Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
3 cups peeled, sliced carrots (1/4-inch), about 1 pound
1 can (14.5-oz) vegetable broth (1-3/4 cups)
1-1/2 cups Pearl® Unsweetened or Original Soymilk
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley or cilantro
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook 2 minutes, or until softened. Add curry powder; stir 30-60 seconds to lightly toast.
- Add carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until carrots are very soft.
- Process carrots in covered blender container until smooth. Return to saucepan. (Or use an immersion blender.)
- Stir in soymilk. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled topped with parsley or cilantro.
An original recipe by Rosemary Mark for Kikkoman Soymilk.