Moringa Mint Pea Soup
You can adjust the amount of moringa to your taste while preparing, and add an extra sprinkle on servings. Some vegetable broths are very orange in color. For best green soup color, use a more clear or greenish broth, or a vegetable bouillon cube.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 3 makes 3-1/2 cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium leek thinly sliced, or 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 2-3 cups clear vegetable broth, or 1 vegetable bouillon cube plus 2-3 cups water
- 3` cups raw fresh shelled peas or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1-2 tbsp KuliKuli Moringa Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Saute leek or onions over medium heat until soft, but not browned, 3-4 minutes.
Add broth or water and bouillon cube and peas. Bring to a strong simmer; cook about 5 minutes for raw fresh peas, or 2 minutes for frozen.
Remove from heat. Add moringa powder, parsley and mint.
Puree with a hand-held wand, Or pour into a blender or food processor and blend carefully on medium speed with lid well secured. Add additional water if thinner consistency is desired.
Serve warm or chilled.